Saturday, 21 June 2014

Sexism in the Medieval Times







And it was still the time of Inquisition when he went to the church to confess his sins.






Marriage back then was a really serious thing, since God was told to be actually watching from very close.



People did not divorce: One of them died and they then could marry another person.





From the confessionary the priest then said: So, my son, what is it today?





He goes:  Priest, oh, my priest... . 



Priest: Say, son. What is it that is afflicting you?



He goes: Priest, you know how I respect all the rules of the Catholic Church, where I have married my wife.



Priest: Yes, son. You have been telling me all these years. 



He goes: Priest, priest... . Not sure I can talk about this.



Priest: What can't you talk about with your Lord through me, son? You do not trust I am a representative of Our Lord anymore?



He goes: No, priest. It is surely not that, but, you know, time goes by and... . 



Priest: Oh, son, what is it that has happened to you?



He: Priest, my priest... . The neighbor, the neighbor of the house in front of mine, that widow... . 



Priest: OK, son. You do not need to talk anymore: Your wife is doing witchery, right? Don't worry, I have plenty of believers in the same situation as you... . Witch she is!




___________________________________________


Please help us keep on inspiring you by acquiring one of our online courses: 


______________________________________________________

 







No comments:

Post a Comment