They were waiting for the news about the newborn.
The doctor came.
- So, doctor, where is it?
- I thought I should prepare you first. The nurse will arrive with it in a few seconds.
- Your baby does not have the arms, both arms.
He stares at her, she stares at him. They both say: It is OK, but it is ours, and that is ALL that matters!
- Oh, well, it also does not have the legs, both legs.
They again stare at each other and then say, after a pause: But it is ours, and that is ALL that matters.
- Oh, well, it ALSO does not have the torso.
Longer pause, much longer.
- So, doctor, what is it that it has got?
- An ear: It is a big ear!
They stare at each other and go again: It is ours and that is all that REALLY matters. Anything else?
- Oh, yes: It is deaf!